To download a one-page flyer of the below text, click here.
Sunday, 18 April 2021, 5 pm PT
At that time click: tinyurl.com/ivorypeer
This is a free webinar in honor of the late Ivory McCuen (1990-2021).
Ivory died homeless of exposure at the age of 30 on 24 Jan. 2021 at 17th & Chambers in Eugene, Oregon. Ivory was a mother of two boys, and a frequent user of the mental health system. Ivory was known for her love of nature, art, and singing.
Live music by folksinger David Rogers
- Breezy Smith, Ivory’s sister
- Reverend Lois Van Leer, UU Church in Eugene
- Eric Jackson, homeless rights activist
- Merri “Kitty” Carlisle & David Oaks, co-chairs of UUCE ATF
- Chuck Areford, retired mental health worker
- Christina Peirsol, NAMI Lane County
- Jacek “Jack” Haciak, Oregonians with Lived Experience
- Rachel Levy, Rethinking Psychiatry
- Rev. Phillip Schulman
ASL Interpreting by Patrick Galasso, Closed Captioning ㏄ Available
- Unitarian Universalist Church in Eugene Community (UUCE)
- UUCE Accessibility Task Force
- CareWorks of Lane County
- MindFreedom International
- MindFreedom Oregon
- Oregonians with Lived Experience of the Mental Health System
- Extinction Rebellion Justice Eugene
- Planet versus Pentagon
- Rethinking Psychiatry
- Aciu! Institute
Ivory’s obituary in Eugene Weekly: tinyurl.com/ivory-eugene
Donations in honor of Ivory can be made to White Bird’s crisis team, CAHOOTS.
For more information, to co-sponsor, or to reach organizers: email@example.com or 541-914-1469
For the Facebook event page for this Virtual Vigil, click here.