This Job Posting Now Closed Friday, March 10, 2023
Aciu! Institute, LLC is a consulting business that supports the independence & empowerment of businesses, nonprofits, and individuals concerned about disability, mental health, & environmental sustainability. While Aciu! is Eugene-based, because all work is remote, the Program Coordinator may be located anywhere in the USA.
Aciu! Institute, LLC was founded and is directed by David W. Oaks, who brings 47 years of experience as an activist for human rights with lived experience in both physical and mental disability.
There are three major areas for the Program Coordinator: Working remotely with David W. Oaks for his independent living because of his disabilities (impaired hands and voice). Outreach and management of our intern program, in coordination with MindFreedom International. Managing our consulting projects with clients.
This is a part-time position, about 10 to 20 hours per week two or three shifts per week, with each shift being about 3 hours in the afternoon, weekdays (all remote, usually via Zoom, but at times independently). Pay per hour is based on your experience. Because you will be helping with activist activities, experience and interest in social and environmental change are important.
It is very helpful though not required that you have lived experience as a mental health consumer, psychiatric survivor, and/or a member of another marginalized group.
- friendly with excellent communication competency
- excellent writing and editing abilities
- ability to hear someone with a disabled, soft voice
- basic computer abilities, both PC and Mac
- knowledge of and experience with basic business software (especially the Google Suite)
- fast and dependable internet service
- basic WordPress familiarity
- basic video editing and uploading
- Zoom webinars, moderation, and screen-sharing
Email Aciu! at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A cover letter about why you wish to work with us
- Links or attachment of a sample of your writing
- Resume with email addresses for two recommendations